Wednesday, August 10, 2011

To Go Or Not To Go...the 25th Reunion

Well friends I had to make the decision to go to my 25th high school reunion.  And being a bit fluffy I was feeling a bit intimidated about the whole deal.  No one likes to be the fatty at the reunion...but I rested in comfort knowing that people don't judge me now (and are my friends) in my current state of fatness.  So, I put on my big girl panties (literally) and decided to go.  I actually had a pretty good time.  I took a few friends (including my daughter).  It was an open outdoor event with 4 schools in our district attending and it was open for multiple graduating years.  It was a public venue and I knew the people in the band so I took my entourage (of courage) and we actually had a great time and I was able to introduce my daughter to some of my best high school friends.  I actually allowed for my picture to be taken!  Good gravy what is the world coming too? I just want to say with my new badge of courage, I am ready to meet all of y'all in Chicago!

Happy hugs friends,
D

7 comments:

  1. I had my 20th reunion last August and I didn't plan on going. It was in Atlanta (I live in Florida) and I was only down 50 lbs and didn't want to be seens as the "Fat girl whow as still fat". I decided at the last minute and drove all night to get there. It was a wonderful time and I am so glad I did. The funnything was that the people who were mean to me in high school were all a bit heavy themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to a class reunion. But you kow what, I might just go to my next one. I really hope to be the skinny one before my 30th in 2015!
    Great pictures! I am so glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really great and it looks like you had fun! I have my 30th the weekend before BOOBS. Can't wait to meet you in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you decided to go, you looked great!! Good for you for not letting your weight hold you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look wonderful! I really love that top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you went to your reunion and had a great time. Also, it must have been so fun to introduce your daughter to your old high school friends!

    ReplyDelete