Monday, August 29, 2011

About Me...for the fellow Boobs


Title: BOOBs 2011 Fun Facts!
  1. How did you pick your blog name?
Well...I think by nature I am a bit Ditzy...and kind of dizzy...I have an inner ear disease and so that naturally makes me hearing impaired and a bit balanced challenged.  Which can be quite funny. I find myself laughing at myself all the time.  What I hear and what people say are not always the same thing so hopefully most of y’all will have as good a sense of humor as I do about it...I guess I chose the name so that I would view it as a diary and not so much a blog.  
  1. When did you start blogging?
When I decided to have the surgery...Not long.  I am TERRIBLE at it.  I don’t blog regularly and I have never shared it with any of my face to face friends. My hubby has never even read it!  
  1. Theme of blog (weight loss, finances, beauty, etc)
Probably mostly weight loss...struggles...insecurities...oh my gosh, I sound so depressing.  I may start writing about cupcakes...something more fun!
  1. Did you go to BOOBs 2010?
No.
  1. When were you banded?
January 25, 2011
  1. How much have you lost?
Not much...35lbs...I am not a good loser.  Still learning and changed doctors for more help with using it as a better tool.  Still love the nectar of the Gods, Sweet Tea.  
  1. What are you most looking forward to at BOOBs?
Meeting gals that are like me.  And enjoying being around people that have the same struggles, success, and getting out on my own a bit. I live mostly for my family. Whom I ADORE.  But I find I put them FIRST and rarely do “me” stuff. In fact, the big question from hubby and my own momma is...are you really going to be able to travel on your own?  Are you kidding me? I’m 43!!!  But, I have not been out and about on my own since being married. How weird is that...(18 years folks).  I want to laugh and be silly.  Bring out that inner goof ball.  And not be worried about my size and what everyone is thinking.  
  1. What/who do you hope to find/see/accomplish at BOOBs 2011?
I wanna do the things I wanna do. I was in Chicago this past July for a volleyball tournament on Navy Pier and all I saw was the inside of the gym for 4 straight days. The only thing I got to do was ride a boat and the ferris wheel (and I had to do both of those without my daughter because she was playing) 
I wanna make new friends..find out their secrets.  Win a prize because I know there are always prizes. giggle! Wear a fun outfit.  Laugh at something naughty.  Learn some new eating tricks.  Find a fun bestie from another state.  Take a 1,000 pictures. Eat something new.  Walk a million steps.  Meet some of the fantastic bloggers that are my Blog Idols.  Love Drazil...she is the most amazing writer.  Love Steph Joy...she inspires me to do better...
Oh my I could go on and on!
  1. Children? Pets?
I have one Daughter (giggle! I love her to pieces...She is the cats meow.) We have a dog named Hunter. He is a yellow lab that is lazier than me.  He also is afraid of the water. Maybe that's why he was a cast away at the shelter. And we have a cat named Maisy Mae. Who is the biggest cuddler in the world.  She looks like a mini cow. 
  1. Who is your roomie?
Someone I have NEVER met.  How awesome is that?  Her name is Rebekah (love the spelling of her name) and Angie.  I have only talked to Rebekah but she is friends with Angie.  So I am sure we will have lots of fun.  They are younger than me so hopefully they will keep me up past my normal bedtime. 
  1. Hobbies?
Photography....I have a website of some of my work...www.tickled-pinkphotography.com.  Who has time for hobbies when you have a teenager?
  1. Career?
Domestic Goddess...keeper of the home.  CEO, taxi driver, chef, cheerleader, maid, volunteer, wife, mother....
  1. Single? Married? In a relationship?
Married...18 years. 
  1. Your birthday month?
August
  1. What do you want other BOOBs to know about you?
I can be silly.  Spontaneous. Love trying new things.  Seeing new things. Have a bit of a dare-devil side to me.  eeek!  Looking forward to meeting all of y’all!

D

4 comments:

  1. Seriously - I'm having the shittiest day and you saying that you want to meet me just lit me up like a Cmas tree. I can't believe you said that...but thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to learn more about you. Don't be down on being a slow loser - you'll get there!
    Can't wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh damn, that was just too sweet of you to say. I can't wait to meet you,too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I love this post Deb! By the by, we are going to have so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete