Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SNOWpalooza

Blizzard today.  And I am not talking about with M&M's at Dairy Queen.  Although, the word blizzard does make me want chocolate chip cookie dough to rain from the heavens and mix with the snow. But, it's not that kind of blizzard. Just the real midwest snow kind of blizzard. Which has me hankering for some comfort food...or some red velvet cupcakes. Strange how that happens. I have been doing so good and have not really thought about "bad" foods until today. I think part of it is that I really want "real" food.  Some stick to my ribs kind of food.  And not a mass quantity of any particular food.  Just something that is not pureed or liquified. Normal. I did read the fine print of the after surgery care instructions and maybe, just maybe, the good doc will let me try some real foods after Friday's appointment. I ate a rather large bowl of soup at 1:00PM and I am not hungry at all.  I say "rather large" because it was close to 1 full cup of soup.  I felt pretty dang full and was wondering if perhaps I had pushed the limit. But here it is 4:00PM and my tummy is not demanding to be fed.  I am not sure what is on the dinner menu this evening. Probably something that looks "pukish" and not very appetizing. 


To update you on my status. Painwise...almost non-existant. The thing that is bothering me the most is the tape on steri-strips. I am allergic to tape and by day 7 I am itchy as all get out. I am tempted to play doctor and rip the darn things off....I have been trying to use hydrocortisone cream to alleviate some of that itching but it is driving me crazy.  


Eating wise...I feel like I could probably eat just about anything...within reason...but still doing the puree/liquified stuff.  


We are going out of town this weekend and I won't be so in control of food choices and being able to make my own creations via my Magic Bullet so I am a bit concerned how all that is going to work out. That is why I am hoping that the doctor lets me venture out a bit and try some new foods.  I have to say that going out to eat scares me a bit. I love all the bad stuff and so the smells alone will probably make me a little sad and depressed.  Being at home, you have all the control over the foods and the smells.  We will be at a volleyball tourney in some small hick town in Western Kansas..doubt there will be much to choose from but I will do the best I can.


Will keep you updated from afar.


D

No comments:

Post a Comment