Monday, January 10, 2011

The beginning..hopefully not the end.

You would think at 42 and married for 17 years that I would just settle for being fat and happy. But I am fat and not very happy.  Where does one begin to talk about a journey so scary that they can't believe they are packing their bags and jumping on the bus? Especially at my age.  

That is where I am today.  The day BEFORE the big day.  Which is tomorrow.  Tomorrow brings anxiety and panic.  It is the day I begin the first phase of my transformation.  From bus size to sports car size.  Yes, I am as big as a bus.  The biggest bus I have ever been.  I have always been a bit of a van size.  Sometimes going down to the size of a nice sedan and at one point I was the sexy sports car.  I will be getting "banded" in two short weeks.  My family seems excited.  They keep referring to all the good things that are going to happen. I am not so sure yet.  I don't know if I can choke down those protein shakes. Due to a substantial hearing loss,  my sense of smell is the big kahuna now.  I'm not sure what kind of joke is being played on me, but there are some pretty foul things to smell in this world.  Protein Shakes being one of them. And to think that I am going to have to drink those for the next 4-6 weeks. 

I do hope that I will get to go out for my "last supper" where I will devour buttery yeast rolls.  It is so hard to imagine that they will never cross my lips ever again.  Mother nature is not cooperating and has given us snow...lots of snow.  I guess the snow will keep me from hitting a drive-thru the next few days. I have been advised to find a new hobby. I got a Wii and tried the "easy" workout.  I could barely walk the next day.  It sits abandoned in the basement.  Maybe Sweatin' to the Oldies is my speed.  Richard really does work those shorts.  Maybe I am a bit jealous of his full head of hair and leggings. So my goal for today is to find that elusive hobby to keep me busy and a sense of humor for what lies ahead.

Motto for the day:

Alabama state motto:  At least we're not Mississippi 


No comments:

Post a Comment