Monday, January 24, 2011

The Night Before...and it isn't Christmas.

Ok folks, I am having some serious doubts. Like what in the heck am I thinking? This is too real.  I know I have had several doctors (3 to be exact) that have recommended this surgery. I guess 4 if you count the first fat doctor I went too.  So that is 4...and I don't think they would have recommended it if a) they didn't think I would benefit from it. b) if they felt the risks outweighed the positive result. c) that I am a good candidate for the surgery.  Right?  It's not like I just asked 1 doctor. I asked 3 +1 more but the 1 more kind of had a reason to say yes since he was going to be the one performing the surgery. Wait, actually there were 5 doctors that said yes.  I know it sounds a bit like overkill but I just could not help it.  It's a compulsion.


Anyway, the clear liquid diet the day before is not that bad.  Again, amazingly enough, I do not have a migraine. Crazy. My stomach really has not growled much or given me much fits. I did not succumb to my Sprite addiction even though I knew it was allowed and would the last time Sprite crossed my lips. I felt like if I drank it, it would be like having to start all over again going off of it.  And that was too much for me to put my brain around.  My diet today consisted of 1 apple juice, 2 diet gatorades and 1 water...crazy huh...like where is that headache and that grouchy feeling I used to get.  Like now, my tummy is making it's growling noises but it is like I am used to it now that it really does not bother me.  


I have some fabulous friends that are going to take care of meals for my dear hubby and dear daughter during the next few weeks so I don't have to try to feed them when I am not able to eat food.  How wonderful is that? I have prepared a bit by getting social suppers in the freezer for when hubby and daughter are on their own for dinner.  I planned for that awhile back. I love 
Social Suppers.  


Getting up at 5AM is a bit of a stretch for me...I'm not a working gal and the thought of getting up that early seems a bit insane. My dear daughter did ask me to please "do my hair" so that I don't look so bad when she gets home from school.  I told her that I would not be wearing any make-up.  She said that was fine. She will put it on me when she gets home.  Gotta love her!


I just need to go to sleep and relax..although, I am finding that hard to do at this point.  So much on my mind...like food.  


No more biscuits & gravy, pancakes and sausage, home-made monkey bread, yummy thanksgiving yeast rolls that melt in your mouth...I can do this.  I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. I know I will be saying that a thousand times tomorrow.


Tootles to all and I will update if I can tomorrow after Lilly the Lapband is part of our family.  My friend has dedicated an old Spinners song on my behalf...Rubberband Man.  Love it!


D

No comments:

Post a Comment