Thursday, January 27, 2011

Want some ReAL food NOW!

Ok. Here is the skinny. I am still on this liquid phase of the "after surgery diet". I did eat some Cream of Chicken soup (strained) and liquified with milk. It was sooo good. It tasted real. I do not like chicken broth and I know that is what I am supposed to be eating but broth is not tasty.  It went down fine and I ate about a half a cup full. I have had 2 juices today along with 2 protein shakes. I jazzed one of the shakes up with Strawberry extract flavoring.  It was pretty good.  


I woke up a bit congested and that had me worried. So I have started taking Mucinex (children's liquid formula). I think it is breaking stuff up.  Which is good. Don't want any infection or pnemonia. Yuck.  Also started taking Vitamin C (chewable) with a Flintstone chewable vitamin and Citracel Calcium. They are a bit large, so I used a pill cutter to make them easier to swallow. I think I am going to use Bariatric Advantage chewable calcium in the future to keep from having to take that chunky pill.


I have be looking at lapbandtalk.com for information and ideas.  Some people are so positive and seem to have lost a lot of weight and some are so negative. Seems like the bread issue is not universal and it probably depends on the tightness of your band.  There was a huge discussion on Subway sandwiches.  To eat or not to eat. My guess is not to eat. Why have this surgery if you are just going to try to eat the things that made you fat in the first place? I know it is also portion size but bread really is the enemy. You can get carbs from other sources. Maybe I will think differently as time goes on. Right now I am focused on soft foods. I can already taste the baked potato soup I want (pureed of course) and maybe some mac and cheese (pureed). There are some really good healthy recipes that will make them calorie friendly.  Yummy.


No pain meds at all today. I feel quite good about that.  It still hurts to take big breaths in and move around in the bed but for the most part it is better.  I get so winded doing so little tho. I HATE that. I did get the house picked up today and moved around some more.  I plan on moving more tomorrow. Perhaps taking a short shopping trip just to get out of the house and get moving more. I want to be able to walk 30 minutes in 2 weeks.  Which sounds pathetic I know but when you are winded just walking around the house, that seems like quite a milestone. I have the big picture in mind when I think about the 1/2 Marathon I am supposed to be running.  Running is out of the question but I think walking is very do-able. If, and only if, I stay on track.  


I think everything is moving as it is supposed to be.  Wondering if eating solid food will be hard? I can feel the liquid move through me and sometimes it does seem to stand in the chest for a bit before gurgling down. That is going to take some getting used too.  
But I don't feel the band or the port at all.  


Here's counting the days to soft foods and less hunger.


QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends."
— Unknown     
So True!




No comments:

Post a Comment